Director of Technology
All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
- Aligning the technical vision and strategy with the company and product goals
- Driving the technical roadmap, initiatives and key decisions within engineering, as well as across the organization
- Acting as a trusted advisor about all technical related topics to the leadership and engineering teams
- Managing and mentoring the engineering team to support their growth, professional development and uplift the technical expertise.
- Identifying opportunities for improvements and new technologies within the entire software system
- Driving the adoption of exceptional engineering standards and practices, technical decision making, and technical tools and frameworks in the whole engineering team
- Supporting continuous improvement for engineering team efficiency, removing blockers and increasing collaboration within the team and across the company
- Strong knowledge and experience in software architecture and design
- Experience with technical management of end-to-end systems
- Successful track record in applying best in class engineering processes and practices
- Strong analytical mindset with problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to easily convey complex ideas
- Strong mentoring skills and ability to grow technical leaders
- Project management skills and experience
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of latest technology trends, their application and business impact
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote days
- Professional development fund
- Relocation to Germany support
- Company pension scheme plan
- Stock options
- Urban Sports Club membership
Perks of the job!
- Healthy office snacks, weekly company lunch, and smoothies
- In-house German lessons
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, parties etc.
- Weekly workouts : yoga, pilates, kickboxing, HIIT
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.