8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out to build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
As our Finance Manager you will play a key role in operational and financial planning, as well as in monitoring and analysing scenarios and results. Your top-notch accounting skills will help drive the close process and enable the leadership team make decisions on a daily basis. By applying your analytics and benchmarking experience, you will have a strong foundation to extract, analyse, and visualise key data. You will work closely with the CFOO and accounting team, as well as in cross-functional settings with Business Operations & Strategy, allowing you to have an impact across the organisation. As a business partner to various departments, you will be helping your colleagues understand their numbers while you gain operational insights into one of the fastest growing fitness apps.
- You are an analytical thinker with great attention to detail, ready to solve complex cross-functional problems
- You are a self-starter with the ability to manage priorities, multiple projects, and stakeholders
- You’ve got skills with the computer, a head for figures, coolness under pressure, and are opinionated yet pragmatic when it comes to approaches and technologies
- You have a degree from a top university in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting
- You have five years of relevant work experience in investment banking, management consulting or one of the top professional services companies or you have been a part of finance teams in product-driven environments
- Expertise in Financial Modelling
- Understanding of Accounting and Managerial Control (IFRS or US GAAP preferred)
- Agile with processes and effective communication, leveraging tools and technologies
- Experience with ERP and accounting software; we use Adaptive Insights, bill.com, quickbooks, Looker & CANDIS
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- An additional plus: skills in SQL
- Excel, Excel, Excel
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.