Junior Office Assistant
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
After your morning coffee you’ll...
- Be responsible for IT onboarding & offboarding, management of company IT assets, zoom rooms, making sure employees have necessary hardware, office security and basic technical troubleshooting
- Help make sure our employees are happy and healthy, making smoothies on Mondays and assisting with our catered Friday team lunches
- Keep our space organized and well-stocked with supplies
- Help make the design of our new office space a fun and functional place to work in
- Be the point of contact for all external service providers and vendors
- Prepare bookkeeping for hand-off to our accountants
- Assist with coordinating events and leadership offsites
- Support the People & Culture team with other projects as needed
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox? If that sounds like you, read on. To be successful in this role you..
- Possess native-level German skills, both written and spoken, and communicate fluently in English
- Gathered your first experiences at a workplace (1+ years) and are excited to learn and take on responsibility in the areas of office management, company culture and IT tools & systems
- Aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty: whether that means moving tables, untangling a nest of computer cables, or setting up a creative brainstorming space for a design sprint
- Have experience with a variety of office software (such as Google suite, video conferencing tools, Slack, candis, task management tools, etc.) and are passionate about learning new systems
- Take ownership of your tasks and projects and you always see things through to the end
- Are able to juggle many projects at once and feel confident working in a fast-paced work environment
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Flexible working hours & remote days
- Professional development grants
- Urban Sports Club membership, weekly in-house yoga & fitness classes
- Healthy office snacks and weekly company lunches
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, etc.
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.