Head of Product Design
8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out to build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
As our Head of Product Design you would play a key role in transitioning 8fit into a design-lead organisation, evangelising design-thinking as a means of solving complex product problems & getting to the core of our user's needs.
You are someone with..
- Solid user centered design skills & methods ( research, exploration, storytelling)
- A thorough understanding of UX, & an evangelist for design thinking as a problem solving method
- The ability to collaborate with C-level stakeholders to develop product strategy and create business impact
- Fluency in working with advanced UI for mobile (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite) and prototyping tools (e.g., Principle, Marvel, Invision, Framer)
- Strong communication skills & you are able to present, articulate & defend the value of design to non-designers
- Exceptional skills in the craft and execution of product design work, from high level strategic direction down to UI design details. A highly-attuned product sensibility.
You are someone who can...
- Integrate into an existing product design team
- Push the boundaries of what we deliver in terms of design quality. We care deeply about both product strategy and execution, and you will be involved in raising the standard for both
- Inspire, grow & teach your fellow designers to be the best versions of themselves
- Manage multiple channels of stakeholder input and user feedback; be adept at balancing conflicting inputs and helping the team find elegant solutions
- Work synchronously with our brand-team (Creative Director) to ensure that product & brand work in synergy
- Complement 8fit’s current data-driven product design process by building out UX research & qualitative testing processes
- Help interpret insights from data scientists, market researchers or UX researchers & translate them into opportunities
- Design lightweight mock-ups as well as high fidelity prototypes to communicate and validate design decisions
- Create designs that emotionally engage users while balancing business objectives and technical constraints
- Take the lead in organising UX research & testing activities
- Work closely with Product Managers and Software Engineers within an Agile development environment
- Support in the recruiting, formation and growth of the product design team
- Be detail oriented but results focused: keeping an eye on the overall outcome and desired impact, while maintaining a high standard of work
- A strong portfolio of recent work in the form of case studies & finished results
(show working processes & different phases of your design process as well as end outcomes).
- A proven track record of design leadership & mentorship, you have lead teams of designers successfully
- 8+ years design experience, (4+ years should be in mobile products - B2C is preferred)
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect
- Ability to effect change. There are many things that we still need to evolve and improve about how we work, and this role will be a key part in driving that change
- A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. Comfort with ambiguity. A passion for building product. A desire to make things better. A sense of optimism
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.