All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
After your morning coffee, you’ll...
- Data modeling: The star schema is nothing new for you. A DWH is driven by business processes that you’re willing to understand.
- Interact with analysts to speed up their query, with product managers and data analysts to make sure they can confidently conclude an A/B test at the right point in time with the right data at hand.
- You will ingest and transform various external APIs and tap into sweet S3 honey pots of logs and events generated by the services we use and our application. You make sure the data is delivered on time in a fast and reliable way.
- Build, maintain and scale our data infrastructure. From DWH to ETL pipelines. This also includes working together with our product teams to find the best way to combine and use the various external tools.
- Like every member of the data team, you’re in charge of improving the quality of the data we aggregate. Debugging data issues, sanitizing data sets and educating other colleagues is a key part of the role.
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
If that sounds like you, read on. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a similar role, including advanced knowledge of DWH and BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Periscope, Mode)
- Expert knowledge and expertise in SQL
- Strong skills in the command line (sed/awk and friends, git)
- Mid+ level experience in Python (3.6) and relevant data manipulation tools
- A solid overview and understanding of amazon web services like S3, Lambda, Cloudformation
- Hands-on experience in workflow orchestration (e.g. Airflow, prefect, dagster)
- Knowledge about existing ETL tools (e.g. Matillion, Stitch, Fivetran)
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Basic to advanced understanding of event tracking concepts (e.g. Amplitude, GA, Snowplow)
- Nice to have: Experience with DBT and Snowflake
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote days
- Professional development fund
- Relocation to Germany support
- Company pension scheme plan
- Stock options
- Urban Sports Club membership
Perks of the job!
- Healthy office snacks, weekly company lunch, and smoothies
- In-house German lessons
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, parties etc.
- Weekly workouts : yoga, pilates, kickboxing, HIIT
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.