All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
After your morning coffee, you’ll...
- Maintaining the Stability and Quality of 8fit Mobile App, Website, and Backend throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Create reliable and detailed test cases, test plans, and documentation, and developing effective QA strategies.
- Investigate and troubleshooting Functional Technical issues, Maintaining UI/UX standards and consistency, and escalating significant bugs to Product, Design and Development Teams
- Accept Testing new features to ensure parity with specifications and technical design documents, and Regression Testing of fortnightly Release Candidates of the 8fit mobile app.
- Maintain and triage of tech debt and known issues, to prioritise resolutions that will significantly improve app quality and customer experience.
- Integrate into Cross-Functional teams to generate, explore and refine product enhancements that can bring real value to our user-base.
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
- If that sounds like you, read on. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- To share our passion for software quality and user experience, and ensuring company and industry quality standards.
- To have 4+ years of quality assurance experience on Mobile Apps
- To be well-versed in Software QA methodologies -- Acceptance, Regression and Smoke-Testing, issue reproduction and documentation, and test management.
- To have experience with tools such as Jira/Zenhub/GitHub, and TestRail
- To have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and are highly observant and detail-oriented.
- To be organised, communicative, and proactive, and excited to be involved in ongoing product development of one of the top rated Health and Fitness apps on the App and Play Stores.
- Experience in Exploratory SBTM, Automated Testing (preference for detox/Selenium) or public Beta Testing initiatives
- Experience testing web, server, or other non-mobile projects
- Skills or interest in UI/UX Design, Development, Product or other disciplines outside of software testing
- Experience onboarding new teammates, or otherwise sharing knowledge through presentations, documentation and mentoring, to help share knowledge and QA skills between departments (especially with development, product, support teams)
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote days
- Professional development fund
- Relocation to Germany support
- Company pension scheme plan
- Stock options
- Urban Sports Club membership
Perks of the job!
- Healthy office snacks, weekly company lunch, and smoothies
- In-house German lessons
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, parties etc.
- Weekly in-house kick-boxing & pilates class
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.