VP of Product
8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out to build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
To enable our growth, we are looking for our first VP Product to lead all aspects of the product. You'll be responsible for driving the product vision and enabling us to be the the most unique and effective fitness app in the market.
Product at 8fit
We’re organised into cross-functional delivery teams with clear goals and lots of autonomy. We’re constantly looking to improve our tooling and working process.
We believe working culture is not a list of platitudes. It's defined by the behaviours of the team.
That being said, here are a few of the ideas we feel strongly about:
Great communication — The ability to exchange ideas efficiently is an important part of your skillset.
Diversity - Our team is made up of 29 nationalities and is 50% female, 50% male.
Take ownership — Operate with autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Do your own research, talk with others on the team and don’t let anything stand between you and the results you want.
Venture outside your comfort zone — Ask questions. Be critical. Suggest ways of improving internal process. Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning.
Bias towards action — Assume your first iteration will need improvement. The sooner you launch the sooner you can improve. Instead of speculating come back next week with real data.
- Provide a deep understanding of our users, user behavior and their emotional drivers
- Build a differentiated and "best in class" app that continues to position 8fit as the market leader
- Drive growth and positive movement across all metrics with a data-driven approach
- You will sit on the leadership team and work closely with them to develop and execute 8fit's product vision and strategy as it relates to the business goals
- Own the product roadmap; articulate the unique value proposition based on a deep understanding of market trends, competitive threats, user insights and analytics
- Foster collaboration between product, engineering and other departments and refine processes and communication across the organisation
- Define and refine product roadmaps, features and prioritisation
- Build up and lead a strong, diverse and inclusive team of talented PMs
- Preserve and strengthen the culture of continuous feedback and growth
- Mentor and manage the professional development of the product team
- Analyse market and competitive dynamics, user experience research and other metrics to continually improve the product organisation
- 10+ years experience in product management with at least 5 years in a leadership role, ideally in a fast-paced, growing tech companies
- A proven track record in successfully scaling and developing product talent and experience working with multi-functional stakeholders
- Deep knowledge / experience of achieving significant user growth & engagement
- Previous experience mentoring and leading product managers
- Rational thinker and talented communicator, with strong interpersonal skills
- A strong understanding of how to build, maintain and scale an engaged group of users
- Track record of taking customers on a journey from non-revenue generating to active subscribers
- Previous B2C and mobile experience
- Experience working in international, high-growth organisations
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.