React Native Developer
8fit helps millions of people around the world live a healthier life.
We help guide users along their path to fitness with personalized meal plans and workouts.
Every day we’re rewarded by the lives that we improve, and it keeps us motivated to work toward our vision of making the world a healthier and happier place.
Engineering at 8fit
We’re organized into cross-functional delivery teams with clear goals and lots of autonomy. We’re constantly looking to improve our tooling and working process.
We believe working culture is not a list of platitudes. It's defined by the behaviours of the team.
That being said, here are a few of the ideas we feel strongly about:
Great communication — The ability to exchange ideas efficiently is an important part of your skillset.
Take ownership — Operate with autonomy, mastery, and purpose. Do your own research, talk with others on the team and don’t let anything stand between you and the results you want.
Venture outside your comfort zone — Ask questions. Be critical. Suggest ways of improving internal process. Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning.
Bias towards action — Assume your first iteration will need improvement. The sooner you launch the sooner you can improve. Instead of speculating come back next week with real data.
We’re committed as an organization to deliver outstanding mobile experiences in a fast-paced iterative environment. We believe React (Native) is the best tool for the job at the moment, that’s why we’re on the lookout for whip-smart engineers who share that opinion. If that sounds like you, then you’ll be in good company.
The ability to perform well in this job is grounded in:
- The ability to explain clearly the event loop, promise chaining, scope, context, and function composition, and partial application.
- The importance of application design patterns, state management approaches, performance, and writing readable and maintainable code.
- The ability to breakdown problems, and abstract complexity
- React Native, iOS and Android experience comes in handy. We always need to dive into native code, and have a great understanding of the mobile architecture.
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.
Link to online profiles github/twitter, etc