Accounting Manager (Part-time)
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
We are looking for a part-time Accounting Manager to join our Finance team and work with us to help our users live healthier lives, and increase user engagement and retention. You will be responsible for the accounting and payroll for 8fit GmbH.
After your morning coffee, you’ll...
- Support the daily financial operations: accounts payable, payment runs, reconciliations etc.
- Support the monthly closing and financial audits (yearly)
- Own and process the monthly payroll
- Assist HR processes throughout the entire HR lifecycle, from contract management to leave management
- Provide support on topics such as company regulations and policies, compensation, and German employment law, as well as suppliers and freelancers
- Provide support with other administrative tasks
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
If that sounds like you, read on. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- A degree in Business Administration with a specialisation in Finance/Accounting/Controlling and strong German GAAP / IFRS knowledge
- A minimum of 3 years of combined public accounting and/or private industry accounting experience
- Experience working with DATEV
- You speak and write native-level German and can communicate fluently in English
- A great attention to detail and advanced excel skills (e.g. vlookup and pivot tables)
- Extremely reliable character with a demonstrated ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
What's in it for you:
- Flexible and remote working hours, because a work-life balance should be the rule not the exception
- An own-your-own-development budget that supports your personal and professional growth
- Stock options, as 8fit’s success is your success
- An Urban Sports Club membership -- fit is in our name
- Weekly workouts, we are a fitness app after all
- Healthy snacks and weekly company lunch, so you can feed your body and brain
- A helping hand if you need to relocate
- Meet-ups, offsites, workshops, and much more.
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.