React Native Developer
All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customized meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
We’re committed as an organisation to deliver outstanding mobile experiences in a fast-paced iterative environment. We believe React (Native) is the best tool for the job at the moment, that’s why we’re on the lookout for whip-smart React Native engineers who share that opinion. If that sounds like you, then you’ll be in good company.
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
If that sounds like you, read on. Our Tech team is committed to using technology to create a seamless, unforgettable user experience and we need a React Native developer to join our ranks. To be successful in this role you’ll need:
- The ability to explain clearly the event loop, promise chaining, scope, context, and function composition, and partial application.
- The importance of application design patterns, state management approaches, performance, and writing readable and maintainable code.
- The ability to breakdown problems, and abstract complexity
- React Native, iOS and Android experience comes in handy. We always need to dive into native code, and have a great understanding of the mobile architecture.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote days
- Professional development fund
- Relocation to Germany support
- Company pension scheme plan
- Stock options
- Urban Sports Club membership
Perks of the job!
- Healthy office snacks, weekly company lunch, and smoothies
- In-house German lessons
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, parties etc.
- Weekly in-house yoga class
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree.
We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!