All about 8fit
At 8fit, our vision is to make the world a healthier and happier place – that’s what gets us out of bed every morning. We help millions of people around the world reach their personal goals with workouts and customised meal plans.
We understand the obstacles people face on their health and fitness journey. It’s not easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all solution. Our app delivers delicious, accessible meal plans and quick, effective workout routines. We guide people in creating and solidifying healthy habits for a sustainable lifestyle.
As Engineering Manager, you’ll work with the engineering team to improve the developer experience at 8fit.
After your morning coffee, you’ll…
manage highly efficient autonomous teams, which work to continuously improve themselves, resolve challenging engineering problems and deliver exceptional products and features. You’ll partner with engineering and business leaders throughout the company to establish strategies and ensure alignment among departments.
- Communicate: Whether one-to-one or in a group, the ability to exchange ideas effectively and with empathy is a vital part of your skillset.
- Own it: Autonomy comes with responsibility. Good or bad, you own your decisions and their outcomes. There’s no such thing as ‘not my job.’
- Are curious and creative: Ask questions. Think critically. Vocalize ideas. Try new approaches. Nurture creative problem solving, learning and troubleshooting.
- Collaborate: Being able to share and develop ideas as a team makes us stronger. It’s a conversation, not a monologue.
- Are agile: Adapting to changes and iterating on initial concepts is all part of the process. There’s no room for rigidity.
- Value balance: Work to live, not the other way around. It’s important to have a rich, fulfilling life outside the office.
- Are human: Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning and growing.
What’s in your toolbox?
- You’ve earned a Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related field, or you have equivalent training and work experience.
- You’ve already spent several years serving in an engineering management role.
- You demonstrate an ability to run and improve technical development processes.
- You have ample software engineering skills with competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP.
- You have experience leading mobile teams
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Remote days
- Professional development fund
- Relocation to Germany support
- Company pension scheme plan
- Stock options
- Urban Sports Club membership
Perks of the job!
- Healthy office snacks, weekly company lunch, and smoothies
- In-house German lessons
- Company events: game nights, workshops, meet-ups, parties, etc.
- Weekly in-house yoga class
Situated in the heart of Berlin, our spacious, modern open plan office is located right by the river Spree. We're a short bike ride or scenic walk away from cool cafés, historical and cultural sites, sports events, gyms and fitness studios, as well as spacious parks.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!